Tuesday 23rd, Wednesday 24th December 1817

Tues[day] 23
9 1/4 
12

In the morning writing out a rough draft of my journ[al] of last Sat[urday], Fri[day], Thurs[day], Wed[nesday] and Tues[day]. Did noth[ing] in the aft[ernoo]n but count ov[e]r my money and see what I h[a]d spent while away – Aft[er] tea wrote the rough draft of p[ar]t of my journ[al] of Mon[day] 15 Dec[ember]. My aunt gave me an acc[oun]t of what she h[a]d h[a]d for my mourning w[hi]ch amount[e]d to £8-0-6 the 6d being abat[e]d – I h[a]d her spends, she hav[in]g 1st giv[e]n me £5 and my unc[le] als[o] hav[in]g me £5. Talk[e]d ov[er] fam[il]y affairs ab[ou]t my fath[er] etc. – Fine day – ver[y] sharp post Barom[eter] 1 1/2 deg[rees] ab[ov]e rain, and Fahr[enheit] 25 1/2° at 9 p.m. A remark[abl]y fine moonlight night – my aunt sent Will[iam] this aft[ernoo]n to Horley Green to return Dr Hollands [travs] in the Lonian Isles and etc., w[hi]ch book Mrs Ralph lent my aunt Thurs[day] 23 Oct[ober] last – 

Wed[nesday] 24
9
12
Siding my things all the morn[in]g – In the aft[ernoo]n d[i]d noth[ing] but side a lit[tle] and dawdle -  
In the ev[ening] finish[e]d the rough draft of my journ[al] of Mon[day] 15 Dec[ember] (this month) – the ground
white w[i]th snow this morn[in]g – Some fly[in]g snow show[er]s dur[in]g the day – Fine aft[ernoo]n 
and ver[y] fine ev[ening] – Ver[y] sharp frost – Barom[eter] at chang[a]ble Fahr[enheit] 25 1/2° at 9p.m – 


Original page here: https://www.catalogue.wyjs.org.uk/CalmView/Record.aspx?src=CalmView.Catalog&id=CC00001%2f7%2f9%2f6%2f1%2f66&pos=1   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday 19th December 1817

Thursday 25th, Friday 26th December 1817